Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Child's Year Bench











Recently, I was given a challenge to create something original for a contest. I accepted and the below pictures are the result of that challenge. I bought this rickety looking bench at a garage sale for $5.00, and it had some 1980's looking stencil pattern on it. I painted it with an acrylic craft paint (I am very highly allergic to Latex anything-paint, balloons, bandaids and the so-on). After I let it dry I "distressed it" by sanding portions of the bench. I used my cricut baby bug and the newly released Cricut Cartridge called "A Child's Year." I cut several "boy" childhood silhouettes for the bench, I used that design since I have all sons. Then I used an adhesive to attach 12"x12" scrapbook paper, cut to fit the top of bench, and then additional adhesive to attach the cut pieces. THen I put a nice thick layer of sealer on it. I love this piece and hopefully this will become a family heirloom. I have hopes of making things similar for various family members. I took all sorts of angles of the bench, before-during-and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment