Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Altered Vintage Chipboard Notepad Holder


Currently, I am in a "vintage-inspired" swap on the Cricut Messageboard where we make 6 items in each category we signed up in. One of my spots was to make a notebook holder and include a pad of paper and a pen. I used new brown chipboard and cut it to size. I sewed paper on paper, added vintage lace with a velcro strip so it can be held together. I distressed anything that could be distressed on the altered holder with Cat's Eye Chalk Ink. I cut out little letters to spell :hi. I used a vellum looking dragonfly paper and tore the edges to give it an aged look. I added a paper flower that I made by hand and added a button in the middle. I cut corner edges and attached them to the front bottom. Each are a little different and have character. I sewed a piece of ribbon inside so that one could slip a new notebook in when the old one was used.

No comments:

Post a Comment