Monday, August 30, 2010

Altered Toilet Paper Gift Card Holder


It seems to me that there is always an abundance of empty toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls, and I hate just throwing them away. So, I was needing a gift card holder one day to give to a family friend. I decided to try my hand at making one. I pressed a toilet paper roll down flat which fit a gift card perfectly. I distressed the TP roll and punched holes on one end and threaded a twine rope through and tied little knots on either end. I attached a piece of scrap cardstock all the way around it with a glue gun. I took a bunch of my old postage stamps and scanned them in a row to resemble a border. I printed it out and cut out the row of stamps and distressed the edges with some Cat's Eye Distressing Chalk. I printed out one of my favorite quotes out onto a cream cardstock which I distressed again. I used a blue paperclip to close the top but make it easy enough to open. The reciever of the gift card said that she loved the holder almost as much as the gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment