Sunday, August 29, 2010

Great Grandma's Childhood Scrapbook Page


A few years ago, I decided to create a special scrapbook for my in-law's 35th Wedding Anniversary. Almost 8 months before the Anniversary, I typed up a letter for family members, friends, and co-workers, to send in copies of pictures they wanted included, letters of memories with my in-laws, grandchildren's artwork, and much more. I got a huge response which ended up in 4 scrapbooks each with about 50 pages. It was a wonderful experience to thumb through the many older photos. My husband's grandma Rita, sent in a picture of her as a little girl. I loved the photo so much that I knew this picture commanded a certain attention to details. I used glittered chipboard for the letters in her name, a scrapbook page from DCWV Once Upon A Time 12"x12" paper stack. I used paper flowers from that line along with some sparkly bling. I used some square brads for her last name. I think this has to be one of my all time favorite scrapbook pages. I not only made this copy for my in-laws, I made one for my own book so that my children could see childhood photos of their great-grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment