Tuesday, April 13, 2010

“Celebrate” A Child’s Birthday Scrapbooking Page


   I was in a recent Birthday Border Swap on the Cricut Message boards. The rules were simple and were to create 5 kits for the swap we were in and we would receive 5 back. The three categories were: Boy’s Birthday, Girl’s Birthday and a Birthday kit for anyone. I chose a spot in three. What we were to create was a layered 2”x12” border, 2 layered photo mats, and add a few birthday embellishments (we were not to include the 12”x12” paper so that we could use our own). I got my box of goodies a few weeks ago, and last night dug it out. So far, I have created 6 layouts. Using the “Page Candy,” I went to work and used the items in each kit. I added my own personal touches such as brads, stickers and other embellishments on other pages. I love the colors used on the “Celebrate” page and the “page candy” for a girl used was from: CarrieCameron. The elements I used from her kit, included: the pink and blue photo mats, and the long 12”x12” layered border with the 3 adhesive bling on either sides, and the word “Celebrate”(which I used a little Clearsnap Cat’s Eye Ink Distressing Chalk on the word and on the edges of the mats and borders). I embellished the page using craft foam for dimension, a light blue and white paper, added layered embellished stickers which included the Happy Birthday sticker placed in the top center of the page, 2 little cupcakes with pink bling, a tipping cake sticker, 2 party hats on either side of the word “Celebrate”, and placed 6 glittery stars on various places on the Celebrate word. I love the simplicity of this page. When I add my pictures, I will be adding photo corners to hold the picture into place. For now, my page is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment