Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Congrats Xavier! Hunter & Gun Safety Celebration Cake


Last night, my oldest son passed his Hunter and Gun Safety Course with flying colors. Today, I decided to surprise him with a cake. I do just basic cakes, frosting, sprinkles and whatever else I have on hand. I decided to dig out my Cricut Cutting Machine and "A Child's Year" and "Cuttin' Up"  and "Animal Kingdom" cartridges and make some paper embellishments for the cake to "dress it up" a little. I cut out some moose, deer, raccoon,  duck, and a few other animals. I cut out a little pilgrim boy with a gun and layered it. Then I took some thin wooden skewers to attach to the back of the boy, the trees and one deer. I cut a green award pin that I glued the letters "O,N,A" on it. I cut out the words: Congrats Xavier. I used green crystal sugar to create a grassy look. Even though, I  am not an advance cake maker, I wanted to share my joy with everyone. I am so proud of my little guy! They grow up so fast. I took various angle pictures to show close ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment