Tuesday, April 13, 2010

“Delicate Victorian Birthday Girl” Scrapbook Page

"Delicate Victorian Birthday Girl" Scrapbook Page Layout



   I have been often called a Victorian Woman trapped in a modern day ladies body, thus my love for everything elaborate, Victorian, and art. My home is decorated and pays homage to the Victorian era, and I have many antique pieces. For those who do not know, the toile pattern was very popular amongst the Victorian people and often depicted a two color pattern that consisted of children playing, a couple courting, pastorial images and they were often multiplied throughout the fabric, wall paper and other items. I recently came across one of the prettiest pink and white paper toile of children playing from the Anna Griffin paper line. I bought up every sheet that was available and I am so glad I did as the pattern has now been discontinued.

Tip: If you see a paper or embellishment that you love, buy it. There is no guarantee that the pattern will continue and you will be left without.

This page was created by me for a Birthday Swap I was in where I was to make elements for a 12”x12” Girl’s Birthday. I decided to create a very girly and delicate, feminine page. This page took me 3 hours to create and design and included photo mats, journal boxes, embellishments, bling, craft foam, and other items to bring life to the page. I have included a journal box that has the little dress placed in the center, when you open the holder up a little pink bird greets you. I used 2 inch wide pink and white gingham ribbon as a page border. Red chenille fibers were used to create the balloon strings. I used my Cricut cutting machine to cut the little dress, Birthday Girl Embellishment, balloons, and a silhouette of a little girl blowing out a candle. I used the following Cricut Cartridges: Happiliy Ever After, and A Child's Year. The paper was used from a large paper assortment.


The Delicate Victorian Birthday Girl Scrapbook page is my own design, and if you choose to print it out, copy, or use it, please give credit where credit is due. If you plan on publishing my designs on your blog, books or articles, please contact me for written permission as I own the copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment