Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dreams Come True Disney Carnival Art Display

   
   Knowing that I am a part of something that will change and inspire the youth of today, I created a "Dreams Come True Disney Carnival Art Display." I used my Cricut Expression and several cuts from my Disney Princess Cartridge Collection. The display is over 3 feet wide and 2 feet tall. It is shaped like an aquarium and the sides are hinged onto the main "aquarium"shape.

 I used several shades of blues to make it look like water and shadows of other sea life. I think I may have used 7-8 blue shades. I used clear little "skittles" (beads that are normally used as a filler for floral displays) to give the impression of water bubbles. I used a glue gun and shards of finely ground glass (this is made from recycled glass and can be found at many landscaping places) on the bottom of the display. I glued little shells and also added chipboard to the backs of all the Disney Shapes to give dimension. The left side of the display has the phrase: Dream and Beautiful things Happen!

I used bubble paper and cut out the page corners, and attached a swimming "Ariel" mermaid. I used her hair comb as the topper of the saying. On the right side of the display has the precious fish "Flounder" swimming below the phrase: Dreams Come True.
The children who have seen this so far have tried to claim my display, but I let them know that they would see it again next week at the school carnival. I am going to donate this display to be used for future events, and hopefully inspire others to create their own versions of art and explore creativity.

Close-ups of the middle display:

No comments:

Post a Comment