How the Fairy Tag was made:
- 1 Peach Colored Piece of Cardstock
- Covered Adhesive Chipboard "F" Letter
- 4 inch Fairy Flower Stamp
- Paper Hole Puncher
- Glue Dots/Adhesive Double-Sided Tape
- Darice Finishing Accents Ribbon/Fibers
- Making Memories Metallic Charm that read: Laugh with 2 rows of 3 bling stones
- 3 Green Feathers
- 2 Prima Flowers- Daisy Mix #716387
- Le Plume Carnival Set Markers
- Crayola Thin Markers
- Clearsnap Cat's Eye Chalk Ink- Various Colors
- 2 Brass Brads
- 6 Pewter Square Brads
- Sharp Tool for Puncturing Holes into the Chipboard
2. Take your hole punch, and punch in the center of the tag.
3. Using the Cat's Eye Chalk Ink to distress the edges on front and back of the tag. I used 4 different colors to give it an aged "feel."
4. Take the wooden Flower Fairy Stamp (I bought mine from Michael's Craft Store), and take the Le Plume Black marker brush side to apply the ink and stamp onto a peach colored piece of cardstock. Let the ink dry.
6. Outline the colored design with the Le Plume Black Marker with the fine tip point.
7. Take the scissors and cut around the taller flower bunch that the Fairy is holding with her hands, and on the left side of image cut around the outer part of the butterfly and lower flower bundle until you reach the edge of the image. Measure the stamped image so that it fits the chipboard tag. Make sure there is no overhang of the image on the tag.
8. Take the purple fiber ribbon and measure enough of the ribbon to fit across the front of the tag, and allow about an inch on either side. Use mini glue dots to adhere the ribbon to the front of the stamped image. Turn the paper tag over and use a piece of tape to hold the remaining ribbon to firmly secure it into place.
9. Take the 3 feathers and tie the ends of each feather together with a piece of tape. Take another piece of tape to secure the feathers to the chipboard tag.
10. Take the stamped paper tag and put double sided tape around the entire perimeter of the tag, and a piece in the middle of the tag. Secure the tag to the chipboard. Note: There will be a little lift on the paper because of the feathers. This is alright because you will be "disguising" the lift with the Prima Flowers.
11. Using your sharp tool, puncture each corner, and above the cut butterfly image, and one near the little flower bunch on the left side (the 2 brads will be somewhat close) of the stamped chipboard tag making the hole wide enough to put brads through. Place a Pewter Square Brad in each hole.
12. Take the brass brads and insert it into the center of the prima flowers. Using your sharp tool, puncture a hole about 1/2 inch from the left side and place the larger prima flower with the brad into it and close it. Just a few centimeters below the first prima flower hole, place another hole so that you can put the second Prima brad flower.
12. Remove the paper on the back of the adhesive chipboard letter "F" and place it under the 2 flowers. I used the letter "F" for 2 reasons: Flowers, and Fairies.
13. Use a large raised Glue Dot and place it on the back of the metallic "Laugh" charm. Place the charm near the bottom in the middle of the chipboard tag. Your charm will cover some of the fiber, but that is what adds to the charm.
14. Take, at least, 2 different but complimentary ribbon and fibers and run it through and over to secure the ribbon to the tag. Tie the ends of the ribbon into a knot to prevent fraying.
15. Enjoy your new work of art! Place on a gift, or just hang it on the wall for a piece of art.