Tuesday, April 13, 2010

“Contemporary Girl’s” Happy Birthday Two Page Scrapbook Layout


   I was in a recent Birthday Border Swap on the Cricut Message boards. The rules were simple and were to create 5 kits for the swap we were in and we would receive 5 back. The three categories were: Boy’s Birthday, Girl’s Birthday and a Birthday kit for anyone. I chose a spot in three. What we were to create was a layered 2”x12” border, 2 layered photo mats, and add a few birthday embellishments (we were not to include the 12”x12” paper so that we could use our own). I got my box of goodies a few weeks ago, and last night dug it out. So far, I have created 6 layouts. Using the “Page Candy,” I went to work and used the items in each kit. I added my own personal touches such as brads, stickers and other embellishments on other pages. The creator of what I call the “Contemporary Girl” page elements was: Scrappin_RN. The only “add-on’s” I used was on page 2 which was a little candle above the layered cake and a Happy Birthday Sticker on the turquoise/green flower. I did use some craft foam to add dimension to the elements. I used a solid black piece of cardstock and a white and blue heavy cardstock from the DCWV Old World Paper Stack. I love the simplicity of this page. When I add my pictures, I will be adding photo corners and most likely a journal box, but until now, my pages are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment