Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little Girl's Pink Ballerina Dress Card and Scrapbooking Embellishment

       
       One day I was needing a ballerina embellishment to add some depth to a scrapbook page I was making. I searched endlessly through my Cricut Cartridge Collection, and nothing extraordinary appeared. So, I started to trace a pattern onto some cardboard and made my own dress. I used a heavy duty pink cardstock for the base of the dress and some frosted vellum to create a mesh sort of skirt. I distressed the edges of the little dress. When I made the small little V belt, I added a small flower and on others these little beady things that us crafters call: Skittles. I further enhanced it with a little strand of connected pearls that are normally found down the Wedding Aisle at stores. I used glue dots to piece everything together. I found the perfect quote and printed it out and used foam to  lift the quote from the cardstock that it was on. My page was complete and I truly enjoyed making the first one so I ended up making another 20 all hand cut and home-made. This would surely brighten any girls page, or to add to a card.

1 comment: