Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vintage Inspired Shabby Chic Clipboard




One day when the weather was dismal, I decided to alter an ugly clipboard to give it new life. I took your basic wooden clipboard and sanded it down a little so that the modge podge glue would stick better when I added the background cardstock which is from the DCWV Paper Line. I tore half of a 12” x12 “piece of paper towards me to distress it along the tear line. Then I glued it to the middle for depth found my box of all sorts of vintage labels pics etc and used them on the front of the board to give it an altered shabby chic look. Then I used one of my favorite products which are the Cat’s Eye chalk to distress the edges on the board and for all the vintage labels. After I used a glue stick to hold the vintage labels, pics, and quotes I then put on a heavy layer of sealer to preserve the paper so that it could last a long time. These make great secretary day, boss day, or for everyday uses.


No comments:

Post a Comment